Passport Quick Tips
- Both parents must sign for a child 15 years old or younger. One parent may sign for children's ages 16 through 17. Persons 18 years and older may apply on their own.
Fees for Passports Book are as Follows:
Children up to 15 years old: $80.00
Adult 16 years old and older: $110.00
Fees for Passports Card are as Follows:
Children up to 15 years old: $15.00
Adult 16 years old and older: $30.00
Fees for Passports Book & Card are as Follows:
Children up to 15 years old: $95.00
Adult 16 years old and older: $140.00
There is a one-time per application $25.00 processing fee to be added to all of the above.
- If you need to expedite your passport, you will still need to allow 7-10 working days. There is an extra fee for expediting.
- If expediting is required, please add $60.00 per application plus overnight postage of $18.30 going and coming back $12.72. The total is $91.02 plus cost of passport application.
- You must complete the application, but do not sign it until you are in the presence of the issuing agent.
- You must have 2 passport photos. These can be obtained from a variety of sources. Check telephone directory yellow pages under "Passport Photographs" or one of the many one hour photo shops at drug stores and other retail shopping facilities.
- You must have a picture I.D. (preferably a driver's license).
- You must have an original birth certificate or a certified true copy. The certificate must show both parents names.
- You must make an appointment to apply for a passport. Please call (803) 785-8250.
- Passports are done on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday only, between the hours of 8:30 am & 11:00 am and 2:30 pm & 4:00 pm interval of 30 min.
- You will need to allow 4-7 weeks for your passport to arrive.