Homeowner Rehabilitation Program
Funding for this program is provided through the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Assistance will typically be granted for repairs amounting to $25,000 or less. Funds will be awarded on a first-come/first-served basis for eligible applicants. Funds will generally be granted as deferred forgivable loans.
Please call the Community Development Department's Grant Programs Division at 803-785-8121 for more information on this rehabilitation program. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more on this informational brochure.
Pre-screening Application for Homeowner Rehabilitation Program.
General Eligibility Guidelines
- The property must be located in Lexington County.
- The applicant must own and occupy the property as their principal residence for a minimum of 18 months prior to submitting an application. (Life estates and contract for sale are not eligible)
- The after-rehabilitation property value must be less than 95 percent of the median purchase price for Lexington County ($138,000). The value may be determined by the County staff appraiser or tax assessor.
- Only single-family detached or manufactured homes are eligible for assistance through this program. If you are requiring assistance for a manufactured home, the home must be less than 20 years old and have permanent utility hook ups and foundation.
- The property must require improvements in one or more of the following categories:
- The property presently does not conform to HUD Section 8 MHQS or related local codes and regulations (i.e. building, housing, fire, electrical and plumbing codes);
- The condition and appearance of the property is detrimental to the neighborhood environment;
- Handicapped accessibility.
- The applicant must be income eligible: (see chart below)
Source: US Department of Housing & Urban Development. Figures on this chart are subject to change without notice, as calculated by HUD.