Homeowner Rehabilitation Program
Funding for this program is provided through the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Assistance will typically be granted for repairs amounting to $25,000 or less. Funds will be awarded on a first-come/first-served basis for eligible applicants. Funds will generally be granted as deferred forgivable loans.
Please call the Community Development Department's Grant Programs Division at 803-785-8121 for more information on this rehabilitation program. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more on this informational brochure.
Pre-screening Application for Homeowner Rehabilitation Program.
General Eligibility Guidelines
- The property must be located in Lexington County.
- The applicant must own and occupy the property as their principal residence for a minimum of 18 months prior to submitting an application. (Life estates and contract for sale are not eligible)
- The after-rehabilitation property value must be less than 95 percent of the median purchase price for Lexington County ($141,000). The value may be determined by the County staff appraiser or tax assessor.
- Only single-family detached or manufactured homes are eligible for assistance through this program. If you are requiring assistance for a manufactured home, the home must be less than 20 years old and have permanent utility hook ups and foundation. Rehabilitation for manufactured homes is only eligible through the Minor Home Repair Program..
- The property must require improvements in one or more of the following categories:
- The property presently does not conform to HUD Section 8 MHQS or related local codes and regulations (i.e. building, housing, fire, electrical and plumbing codes);
- The condition and appearance of the property is detrimental to the neighborhood environment;
- Handicapped accessibility.
- The applicant must be income eligible: (see chart below)
Source: US Department of Housing & Urban Development. Figures on this chart are subject to change without notice, as calculated by HUD.