Public Works Department
The Department of Public Works consists of four divisions: Engineering; Transportation; Stormwater; and Vector Control, comprising of approximately ninety-five employees and an administrative office with a staff of four, including the Director.
The mission of the department is to provide and maintain a safe, cost effective infrastructure for public transportation that enhances the quality of life in Lexington County.
The Department of Public Works is responsible for:
- Maintenance of 650± miles of County dirt roads
- Maintenance of 550± miles of County paved roads
- Design and inspection of County roadway projects
- Management of County owned construction projects
- Review of commercial and residential development plans
- Compliance with NPDES Storm Water permit requirements
- Floodplain Management
- Maintenance of 300± Stormwater Management facilities
- Acquisition of required right of way for County projects
- Encroachment permits
- Limiting the insects that transport disease pathogens
Quick Links to Forms