Residents who participate in Lexington County’s Franchise Waste Collection System also receive curbside recycling collection. Following are helpful program guidelines. For additional information, please contact your service provider.
- Contractors will provide recycling collection service once per week.
- Do not place recycling in paper or plastic bags.
- Recyclables cannot be mixed with household garbage or yard trash.
- Upon request, contractors will provide, at cost, one curbside recycling collection container to each subscriber and bill the subscriber on their first quarter invoice.
- Customers can use containers other than those sold by the contractor as long as they are easily identifiable as recycling containers, hold a capacity of 18 gallons or less, and consist of seamless one-piece injection molded HDPE plastic with hand-holds. Such containers are generally available at discount retail chain stores and hardware/home improvement stores.
- Items Accepted for Curbside Recycling:
Steel cans and lids (please place lids inside cans)
Plastic bottles, jugs and jars (leave caps on)
Frozen dinner trays
Yogurt and butter containers
Orange juice and milk cartons (rinse and leave cap off)
Empty aeresol cans
Glass bottles, jugs and jars
Newspapers and inserts
Office paper and junk mail
Envelopes with plastic windows
Cardboard boxes (flattened)
Paperboard boxes (flattened)