Items Accepted at the C&D Landfill
According to state regulations, construction and demolition debris is defined as discarded solid wastes resulting from construction, remodeling, repair and demolition of structures, road building, and land-clearing.
- Demolition material from structures (i.e, door, floor, lumber, roof, siding, wall, window, etc.)
- Furniture (i.e., cabinet, chair, dresser, sofa, table, etc.)
- Hardened concrete
- Hardened/cured asphalt
- Land-clearing debris, including tree and brush stumps
- Paving material
Items Not Accepted
Waste that has been in contact with the following is unacceptable:
- Hazardous constituents (e.g., pesticides, etc.)
- Petroleum products
- Lead-based paint
- Tires and appliances cannot be disposed of with other waste in the landfill, but you can bring them to the landfill facility, where they are sorted and recycled. Fees are required for some items.