Solid Waste Management Department
The Solid Waste Management Department supervises, coordinates, and administers:
- Collection and Recycling Centers
- Franchise garbage collection in unincorporated areas
- Closed landfill monitoring
- Construction and demolition landfill operations
- Municipal solid waste transfer station operations
- Recycling collection and processing
Provide quality services to our citizens at a reasonable cost.
Planned growth for our communities with abundant opportunities for all in a quality environment.
Current News and Events
Independence Day Holiday Schedule
(Week of July 4th)
ARTICLE - Diverting compostable material from the Landfill by producing Compost, Mulch and promoting Backyard Composting
UPDATED - LEXINGTON COUNTY RECYCLING BROCHURE