Solid Waste Management Department
The Solid Waste Management Department supervises, coordinates, and administers:
- Collection and Recycling Centers
- Franchise garbage collection in unincorporated areas
- Closed landfill monitoring
- Construction and demolition landfill operations
- Municipal solid waste transfer station operations
- Recycling collection and processing
Provide quality services to our citizens at a reasonable cost.
Planned growth for our communities with abundant opportunities for all in a quality environment.
Lexington County SC Solid Waste - App
Download FREE from mobile App Store
"Lexington County SC Solid Waste"
Click on ==> < SOLID WASTE App >
- search an address to view your collection schedule
- sign up for notifications/reminders by email, phone call,
- print a PDF of your collection schedule
- use the Waste Wizard to look up materials
** The Collection Schedule and Notification/Reminder
feature will only work for residents of unincorporated areas of Lexington County **
Current News and Events
Curbside Schedule Change - March 13
Advanced Disposal Customers
- During the week of March 13, Advanced Disposal's residential waste and recycling curbside service customers MAY BE affected by schedule changes.
- Residents affected will be receiving a MAILED information card during the week of March 6. The information card will indicate the weekly garbage collection day and which week the biweekly recycling collection will occur. Customers not receiving a mailed information card will not experience a change.
- For notifications and information about residential service, unincorporated county residents are encouraged to download the Lexington County SC Solidwaste app, available for iPhone and Android users for free, and enable notifications or click on SOLID WASTE App above to look up your unincorporated residential address.
Recycling biweekly Schedules (A or B week)
- Week A - begins week of March 13 and every other week thereafter
- Week B - begins week of March 20 and every other week thereafter
TIRE COLLECTION & RECYCLING
- Do your part to properly dispose of used tires -
2017 - EVENTS SCHEDULE
APRIL - GREEN IS CLEAN MONTH
8th - Community Recycling - Chapin
Electronic Recycling and Scrap Metal Collection
(United Methodist Church)
22nd - Backyard Garden Day
Compost and Compost Bin SALE
(Red Bank Crossing Shopping Market,
29th - Recycle Day
Electronic Recycling, Household Hazardous Waste
Collection, Paper Shredding, Used Shoe Collection
(White Knoll High School, Lexington)
LEXINGTON COUNTY RECYCLING BROCHURE
ARTICLE - County's Wood Grinding & Compost Facility
(Diverting clean wood waste from landfill, use of compost, SALE of COMPOST, MULCH, and COMPOST BINS)
LEXINGTON COUNTY GREEN STEPS SCHOOLS RECEIVE AWARDS