Solid Waste Management Department
The Solid Waste Management Department supervises, coordinates, and administers:
- Collection and Recycling Centers
- Franchise garbage collection in unincorporated areas
- Closed landfill monitoring
- Construction and demolition landfill operations
- Municipal solid waste transfer station operations
- Recycling collection and processing
Provide quality services to our citizens at a reasonable cost.
Planned growth for our communities with abundant opportunities for all in a quality environment.
Current News and Events
Labor Day Week - Holiday Schedule
LEXINGTON COUNTY GREEN STEPS SCHOOLS RECEIVE AWARDS
ARTICLE - County's Wood Grinding & Compost Facility
(Diverting clean wood waste from landfill, use of compost, SALE of COMPOST, MULCH, and COMPOST BINS)
UPDATED - LEXINGTON COUNTY RECYCLING BROCHURE