The DAV Van provides service to disabled Veterans who have no other means of transportation to their appointments at Dorn VA Hospital. Veterans utilizing this service must be able to get on and off the van unassisted. (*Prior permission is required from the Veteran’s primary care physician to allow for a caregiver to ride with him/her, if necessary.)
The van driver provides transport from the Veteran’s home to Dorn and back, and is only permitted to stop the van for rest stops and/or emergencies, or to pick up and discharge passengers at designated pick up points.
- The DAV van currently runs on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays for confirmed medical appointments between 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
- The van schedule is set at noon the business day prior to transport, and may only be changed or altered in special circumstances, any change to be determined on a case-by-case basis.
- When setting appointments with your health care providers at Dorn, it is helpful to tell them that you will be using the Lexington County DAV van.
- To arrange transport once your appointments are set, please call the secretary at 803-785-8400 between the hours of 10 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Arrangements must be made for transport at least 2 business days in advance to assure your seat is confirmed.
- Copies of the van rules are available by request. Any questions should be directed to the secretary at (803) 785-8400.
Volunteer to Drive
Print this application and fax to the Lexington County Veteran's Affairs Office at (803) 785-0115.