Ways to Support Our Troops
Reach out to military families in your community, especially those with a loved one overseas! Family members, friends, and concerned citizens can support our troops who are deployed by clicking one of the links below.
1. Provide a Blue Star Banner to family members of service members. They can be purchased at http://emblem.legion.org
2. Send a greeting via email through email our military.
3. Sign a virtual ‘thank-you’ card at the Defend America web site at http://www.defendamerica.mil/nmam.html
4. Send a personal message via Stars and Stripes at firstname.lastname@example.org (messages are limited to 50 words and printed on a first-come, first-served basis.
5. Participate in the Gift of Groceries program at http://www.commissaries.com/certificheck/index.html
6. Volunteer to help make Dang-It Dolls or sponsor a box or two of stuffing or a box of dolls for shipping. Donations can be made online.
7. Support the American Red Cross Armed Forces Emergency Services at http://www.redcross.org/services/afes/
8. Volunteer at a VA Hospital http://www.volunteer.va.gov/index.asp to honor Veterans from past conflicts
1. Donate a calling card to help keep service members in touch with their families at Operation Uplink
2. Make a donation to one of the military relief societies:
3. Donate to Operation USO Care Package at http://www.uso.org/operation-uso-care-package.aspx
4. Support families whose loved ones are being treated at military and VA hospitals through a donation to the Fisher House at http://www.fisherhouse.org
5. Donate to Hidden Wounds at www.hiddenwounds.org