Public Works Online Service Request
The Department of Public Works consists of four divisions: Engineering; Transportation; Stormwater; and Vector Control, comprising of approximately one hundred and twelve employees, including the Director.
The mission of the department is to provide and maintain a safe, cost effective infrastructure for public transportation that enhances the quality of life in Lexington County.
The Department of Public Works is responsible for:
- Maintenance of 618 miles of County dirt roads
- Maintenance of 638 miles of County paved roads
- Design and inspection of County roadway projects
- Management of County owned construction projects
- Inspection of residential and commercial construction projects
- Compliance with NPDES Storm Water permit requirements
- Maintenance of 300± Stormwater Management facilities
- Acquisition of required right of way for County projects
- Encroachment permits
- Limiting the insects that transport disease pathogens
Quick Links to Forms