Next Council Meeting
Lexington County Administration Building is open to the Public Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Lexington County Community Development Grants Division will conduct a Public Hearing on September 30, 2022, at 10:00A.M. (or as soon thereafter as can be heard) in the County Council Chamber located on the Second Floor of the County Administration Building, 212 South Lake Drive, Lexington, South Carolina. The purpose of the Public Hearing is to receive public comments on the Lexington County HOME-ARP Allocation Plan. Public comments regarding the addition of the HOME-ARP Draft Allocation Plan can be provided through the contacts below:
- Email: LexCo_HOME-ARP@tetratech.com/
- Phone: 803-785-8121
Attn: Sara Byrd
Community Development, County of Lexington
212 S. Lake Drive Lexington, SC 29072
All comments should be submitted by Friday, September 30, 2022. Full Public Notice
In September 2021, Lexington County received funding from U.S Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) through the HOME Investment Partnerships Program Grant (HOME) for the American Rescue Plan (ARP) Act of 2021. HOME-ARP provides funding to HOME state and local governments to reduce homelessness and increase housing stability across the Country.
HOME-ARP funds must be used to primarily benefit individuals or families from the following qualifying populations:
- Experiencing homelessness (as defined in 24 CFR 91.5 “Homeless” (1) (2) or (3)
- At risk of homelessness (as defined in 24 CFR 91.5 “At risk of homelessness”)
- Fleeing domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, stalking, or human trafficking (as defined in 24 CFR 5.2003)
- Other populations with high risk of housing instability (including highly cost-burdened low-income households, households who have moved two or more times in the last 60 days, and households living in a hotel/motel)
HOME-ARP funds can be used for four eligible activities:
- Development and support of affordable housing;
- Tenant-based rental assistance;
- Provision of supportive services (such as housing counseling, homelessness prevention, childcare, job training, legal services, case management, moving costs, rental applications, and rent assistance); and
- Acquisition and development of non-congregate shelter units
Visit HUD’s webpage for a HOME-ARP Overview
- Review commonly asked questions at the HOME-ARP FAQs link.
- Utilize the CPD-21-10 Notice to understand HOME-ARP funding requirements.
- Additional Waivers and Alternative Requirements can be found in the HOME-ARP Implementation Notice Appendix.
In order to obtain a translated version of the allocation plan OR if special accommodations are needed, please contact the Lexington County Community Development office at 803-785-8121 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Si necesita una copia traducida del plan de asignación o si necesita acomodo especial, por favor contacte la Oficina de Desarrollo Comunitario del Condado de Lexington al 803-785-8121 o email@example.com